- Use placemats or trivets under hot items and coasters under beverages to prevent marks and stains.
- Avoid placing sharp objects on the tabletop. Do not place heavy objects directly on the surface?a protective layer of felt material at the base is highly recommended.
- Wipe up spills as soon as possible with a damp cloth; finish with a soft, dry cloth.
- Use a mild soap and warm water to fully clean the surface area; avoid the use of harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning materials.
- Use a fine dust brush or cloth to remove dust particles at least once a week to prevent scratches.
- Apply a polish cream (made with carnauba, beeswax or a combination of both) once a month or as needed to maintain the quality of the wood. Test application on a small area prior to covering the entire table surface.
- As the bamboo ages, ridges may appear, as well as fine and light-colored open grain. This is a natural reaction to environmental changes and can be touched up by gently sanding the area with fine grit sandpaper and applying polish cream.