- Pick up spilled solids immediately using a knife or spoon – avoid pushing the substance deeper into the wool pile.
- Blot liquid spills immediately using a paper towel, clean cloth or clean towel. If necessary, apply a wet stain remover after thorough blotting.
- Never rub wet pile. This will damage the pile and can spread the stain.
- Avoid direct sunlight to prevent UV damage or fading.
- Shake out rug regularly.
- Vacuum regularly using suction only, no bristles, to help maintain the wool fibers.
- Longer fibers such as sheepskin benefit from occasional brushing with a clean wire pet brush.
- Dry clean.
- Comprehensive Rug Care