The unique structure of sheepskin's wool fibers gives it a natural softness and durability. Sheepskin rugs will last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Avoid direct sunlight to prevent UV damage or fading.
- Shake out rug regularly.
- Vacuum regularly using suction only to help maintain the wool fibers. Avoid brushes with bristles and turbo vacuums which can damage the wool.
- Maintain the beauty and natural loft of unshorn or long fiber wool rugs by brushing regularly with a wire wool comb.
- Pick up spilled solids immediately using a knife or spoon – avoid pushing the substance deeper into the wool pile.
- Blot liquid spills immediately using a paper towel, clean cloth or clean towel. If necessary, apply a wet stain remover after thorough blotting.
- Never rub or brush wet pile. This will damage the pile and can spread the stain.
- Ensure that rug is completely dry before storing
- Comprehensive Rug Care