- Use placemats or trivets under hot items and coasters under beverages to prevent marks and stains.
- Do not place hot items directly on the tabletop.
- To clean, wipe gently with a soft, nonabrasive damp cloth and dry with a soft cloth.
- If necessary, use mild dish soap to remove dried-on material.
- Avoid the use of ammonia-based or chemical cleaners and abrasives as they will damage the finish.
- Ensure the longevity of your wood furniture by maintaining a proper indoor humidity level; the use of a humidifier is recommended when air is dry.
Polished Brass and Stainless Steel Bases
- To clean and polish Polished Brass (a live finish) and Stainless Steel finshes, we recommend Simichrome or a similar metal polish. Simichrome restores the original luster, while leaving a thin, invisible protective film.
- Apply a small amount of Simichrome to a soft, nonabrasive cloth. Gently rub the polish onto the surface in a linear direction.
- Buff thoroughly with a clean, dry microfiber cloth or nonabrasive cotton rag.
- Please note: We recommend testing the polish first on an inconspicuous area.
- Always read and follow the instructions provided on the Simichrome label. For more information, visit www.simichromepolish.com.
Brushed Bronze Bases
- Brushed Bronze furniture may require periodic maintenance. Use caution when cleaning.
- Never use cleaning products that are abrasive or contain harsh chemicals. These include Brasso, Simichrome or any other commercially available metal polish or cream; Windex or any other ammonia-based product; degreasing agents, powdered cleansers, paint thinners or harsh solvents.
- Never use paper towels or any other abrasive cleaning towels.
- Maintain the Brushed Bronze finish by periodically cleaning the surface with clear metal wax using a soft, nonabrasive damp cloth. Allow it to dry thoroughly to avoid trapping moisture. When the wax layer has dried completely (10-15 minutes), buff with a soft cloth.
- Recommended wax brands: Johnson's Clear Paste Wax, Trewax Clear Paste Wax, Renaissance Wax Polish.